vinted.co.uk is a platform to buy, sell, swap or give-away second-hand items. Listing your items on vinted.co.uk is free.
We seek to ensure that vinted.co.uk is a friendly and safe place, therefore we ask our members to comply with the Catalogue rules when they to upload their items.
You can sell on vinted.co.uk:
- Women’s, men’s and children’s clothing, footwear and accessories.
- Children’s toys, furniture and childcare equipment.
- Cosmetics, beauty products and beauty gadgets.
- Tech accessories such as headphones, smart watches, phone cases and similar items.
We reserve the right to redetermine what items are and aren’t allowed to be listed on vinted.co.uk. If we discover that certain newly uploaded items violate our terms or pose any risk to our members, we may remove those items even if they’re not listed below.
You cannot sell on vinted.co.uk (the list is not exhaustive and is to be considered only as a guide):
|Items prohibited or restricted by law:|
|Counterfeit items, i.e. fakes and unauthorized replicas of the real products.|
|Samples or promotional items which you received for free, including the items from the ‘Beauty Boxes'.|
|Medications, vitamins, food supplements.|
|Food and drinks, e.g. baby food and infant formulas, candies and similar products.|
|Drugs, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products such as cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes, vapes, or other vaporizing instruments and accessories.|
|Nazi, fascist uniforms and accessories.|
|Items that do not comply with hygiene standards, or pose risk to one’s health:|
|Worn underwear such as panties, thongs, G-strings, boxer shorts, briefs, bodies worn as undergarment and underwear sets which include worn underwear bottoms. However, all kinds of new underwear with tags can be sold - you must clearly show the tags in your item’s pictures. Worn bras, bathing suits and tights can be sold as long as they are properly washed and the description clearly states that item is worn.|
|All cosmetics and perfumes that have already been used or that are not in their original sealed packaging. The term ‘cosmetics’ includes perfume, makeup, hair care products, creams, lotions and similar products. This restriction applies regardless of whether these products have any direct contact with a person’s body or not. Tested cosmetics and perfumes are also considered as used.|
|Used makeup sponges, cosmetic brushes or applicators that have direct contact with a person’s body.|
|Contact lenses, contact lens solution and cases.|
|Nail polish remover.|
|Hair colouring products.|
|Sanitary pads such as tampons, menstrual cups and similar items.|
|Used tongue, eyebrow, nose, lip and intimate piercing jewellery.|
|Items that are either not clothing, do not relate to fashion, beauty, accessorizing, children, or simply do not align with the vinted.co.uk vision:|
|Animal fur and its products. Note: Sheared sheep wool products are allowed.|
|Electronic and high-tech products such as mobile phones, computers, cameras, power banks, cables, phone charges, etc., except for electronic beauty gadgets and tech accessories such as headphones, smart watches, phone cases and similar items.|
|Sports equipment for adults such as bikes, skis, snowboards, weights and similar items.|
|Homeware and home accessories, household appliances for adults.|
|Books, magazines and stationery supplies for adults - anything that isn’t related to children or teenagers, pregnancy, maternity, child health and their education.|
|Sales catalogues and products ordered on request, professional services or any other advertisements promoting commercial activities.|
|Empty dust bags, boxes, paper shopping bags.|
|Sexually explicit items such as sex toys and fetish related items.|
|Accessories, clothes for animals and animals themselves.|
|Tickets for events, gift cards and discount coupons.|
All of the above-mentioned items, as well as similar ones which do not fall under our accepted categories, will be removed or hidden by our team.
Please note: If you bump a listing which violates our Catalogue Rules and we have to remove or hide the listing, we won’t be able to refund you the cost of the bump.
• You need to upload each of your items separately, under their corresponding category and you can list them only once.
• Bundle listings (sets) must state ‘bundle’ or ‘set’ in the listings’ title and description. Each bundle listing must have the total price for all the items it includes. The items included in the bundle cannot be listed separately.
• All the items should have an appropriate item condition assigned to them.
• We do not allow listing any items which are intended to be sold for commercial purposes:
- a large number of brand new items
- a large number of items with tags attached to them
- clothing or other items of the same style but in different colours, sizes
- items with their size indicated as ‘various’ or with notes ‘more sizes available’
- items with a note ‘can be ordered’
- items that are listed by using pictures from the internet or stock photos.
• We don’t allow adding notes ‘sold’, ‘currently out of stock’, ‘check back later’, etc. to the title of the item when you’ve already sold, swapped or given it away. Press the button ‘Mark as given away’ on the listing and we’ll hide it from other members.
• When your item’s price is unusually low/high and doesn’t match the real item’s value, the listing will be considered as an auctioned one. vinted.co.uk does not support commercial selling, for this reason, all the listings and other posts related to auctioning or bidding activities are not allowed. Find out how to set a reasonable price for your item.
• Requirements for the item’s photos:
- They have to represent the item as it is - no image editing is allowed.
- They must be sharp and clear. Check out our photo tips.
- They have to be taken by you, or your friend/relative, with the purpose of using the photos on vinted.co.uk.
- They cannot be replaced with stock photos, photos from ads and watermarked images.
- The first photo should clearly represent the item. You’re free to choose how you want to showcase your item in your additional photos.
When members disregard our Catalogue rules, we take the following measures:
- If we see that a member’s listing needs some amendments, we make it invisible in their wardrobe and we send a message to the member informing them about the actions they need to take within 24 hours. If the member doesn’t take these actions within the requested frame of time, their item remains hidden.
- If we see a member’s listing that includes a forbidden item, we delete the listing from the member’s wardrobe and we send them a message informing about the reason for the deletion.
- If a member uploads forbidden items repeatedly, we suspend their account for an unlimited period of time or even block it, and we send a message to the member informing them about it.
Sometimes some disputes can occur among members. If that’s the case and you can not come to a mutual agreement with the other member even with our team’s involvement - our team has the decisive vote on how the situation will be solved.
We understand that there are many rules to read through and comply with, hence it is natural that some of them might not be clear. If you have any questions - contact our team and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Our team reserves the right to change the above-stated rules.