Vinted Balance is a secure wallet where the seller:
- Receives all earnings from sold items
- Can pay from it to buy on Vinted
- Can withdraw their money from it to their bank account
You don’t need to use Vinted Balance to buy on Vinted. We offer other payment methods too. You also cannot top it up — it’s only there to store earnings.
- Buyer pays for an item → Payment appears under 'pending balance' in the seller's Vinted Balance
- Buyer hits Everything’s OK when the item is delivered or 2 days after the item’s delivery if the buyer is inactive or if an issue is raised during the 2 days period, after the resolution of the issue → Order is completed → Payment moves from 'pending balance' to 'available balance'
- Once the payment is available in the seller’s balance, the seller can:
- Use it to make purchases on Vinted
- Withdraw it to a bank account
Our payment service provider MangoPay will delay the transfer of funds to the seller. Such delays are a common practice in online marketplaces.
This ensures that the buyer receives the purchased item. If something goes wrong, we may refund the buyer (though you can mutually agree on a different resolution). So, it helps us keep Vinted safe and secure for both buyers and sellers.
MangoPay SA is a licenced electronic money institution regulated by Luxembourg’s supervisor of the financial sector Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier. It provides and manages Vinted Balance for us as a financial service.
Want to be a seller and use Vinted Balance? You’ll have to activate your Vinted balance and agree to Mangopay’s Terms and Conditions and become MangoPay’s client.
This way, we’re not involved in handling or holding your money. We leave it to the professionals who do it safely.