Hello there and WELCOME!
The community forum is a public space where all are welcome to contribute thoughts, ideas, and to support one another - but we do have a few rules. They’re pretty simple, so we’re committed to enforcing these guidelines. Thanks for your help in keeping our forums awesome, fun, and a place where we can all share the love! Now, about those rules...
Nothing kills the vibe like being rude. If you can’t say it politely, it’s better left unsaid. Whether made towards another member, volunteers, or the Vinted team - offensive threads, personal insults, abusive comments, trolling, and hate speech, are NOT welcome in the community. This also includes posts and messages that are violent, discriminatory, hateful, pornographic, racist, extremist, sexist, or immoral. Be respectful to your fellow Vinties and to the Vinted team, please! Naming and shaming of another Vintie is NOT ALLOWED at all - if you have a problem with a fellow Vintie for whatever reason, contact the support team!
PERSONAL INFO IS OFF LIMITS.
Our community forum is a public space (like most places on the internet). For your safety, and the safety of others, do not post bank details, telephone numbers, emails, addresses, or other contact details. Images that include this information are not allowed.
KEEP IT CLEAN.
Excessive profanity, obscene comments, and sexually explicit posts are not allowed. Using the appropriate medical or scientific term (instead of slang) is always appreciated when discussing delicate concerns of a personal nature. Posts of a sexual nature with the aim of generating sexual encounters are not allowed.
KEEP THINGS TIDY.
Let’s spend more time talking, and less time cleaning up around here!
Don't SPAM or make duplicate posts. Do not cross-post: duplicate threads across multiple categories.
SEARCH before you post. Jump into an existing discussion instead of asking questions that may have been previously asked & answered.
Always make an effort to post in the most appropriate category for your topic.
Keep your comments on topic to the original discussion (otherwise, start a fun thread of your own!).
Use the YAY button to support other members ideas.
Remember - it’s OK to agree to disagree and move on - live and let live
SEE A PROBLEM, LET US KNOW!
You can report individual threads, comments, listings, or members to the Vinted team. Use the flag/report option found in the forum (on their post/comment), on a member's profile, or their item listing page. Check out how to right here: https://www.vinted.co.uk/help/15/293-dealing-with-harassment. Problem solved!
STRICTLY PROHIBITED (aka: not allowed, ever.)
Violent, discriminating, pornographic, illegal, or otherwise inhuman criminal acts or call for illegal acts. We also prohibit links to this type of content.
- Advertising posts & comments (selling or seeking) are not allowed in the discussion categories, or on discussion topics. Posts and comments advertising Vinted listings (or seeking items)are allowed in the Classifieds: Sell, Swap & Giveaway categories, only.
- Links for commercial purposes (advertising for non-Vinted sources/websites).
- Listing usernames of other Vinties regarding an issue (or in a negative way) is not allowed.
- Posts pertaining to illegal drug use, or encouraging others to use illegal drugs.
- Affiliate links, referral codes, coupons, and offers. (note: members - are - welcome to share information regarding sales or discounts for traditional retail stores, only.)
- Links to, images of, discussions about, or recommendations for other secondhand marketplaces, or comparisons of Vinted to other secondhand marketplaces. We’re here buying, selling, swapping, and talking on Vinted, after all.
- Links to adult sites, illegal sites or pirated material.
KEEP IN MIND
Vinted administrators and moderators reserve the right to moderate, or remove (in whole or in part) a post/comment that does not relate to the topic being discussed in the forum, and to organize & move topics that may be in the wrong place. The team may prohibit or delete discussions that are thought to violate applicable law, terms & conditions, posts that may be harmful to other members, or posts that violate these Community Guidelines. The Community Guidelines apply to private messaging on Vinted as well.
1. Repeated warnings may result in your account being blocked from the community forum, for 1 day, up to an unlimited period of time.
2. If a member violates the guidelines, the terms & conditions, and/or deliberately ignores warnings, their Vinted membership may be revoked entirely, up to an unlimited period of time.
We do not aim to block members intentionally, though it may be necessary if a member ignores the warnings, has repeat violations, or makes no effort to find a solution to the problem at hand. There are many rules to comply with, but if you’re ever unsure, or have questions about a notice you received - reach out to the Vinted support team for help!